Psa 5:3 KJV My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Technology can be both a blessing and a headache. Many of us have these package deals where your television, internet and phone services are bundled together to save money. When things work well, it’s great. It doesn’t feel so great when something goes wrong with the connection.
You see, all of these services now connect through a small box in the house. And, when that box gets disconnected from its source, nothing works. The TV still comes on but has no signal. The computer browser opens but just keeps spinning without a connection. The phone gets no dial tone. Now you can pick up the phone receiver but there will be no response on the other end of the line.
When this happens, I have to go to the box and restart it so that it can refresh its connection to its source.
This is what our lives become when we lose our connection to our Source. We end up just going through the motions and never really hearing from God. It may be time for a reconnect in your prayer life. It doesn’t mean that you have the wrong equipment. You may just need to restart your connection.
This week, focus on these points to help you reconnect with God through prayer:
- Start everyday by thanking God and acknowledging His Presence even if you don’t feel Him near you
- Take time daily to shut off everything else and be still in His Presence
- Confess what you are struggling with to God and ask Him to help
- Tell God what you are really feeling instead of what you think He wants to hear
- Pay attention to the many ways God may be speaking to you
Scriptures to read: Psalm 5; Isaiah 59:1-2; Luke 18:1